Revive Your Dog’s Bed with This Simple Cleaning Hack
Using vinegar and baking soda can be an effective and natural way to clean and deodorize your dog’s bed. Here’s how to do it:
- First, remove any loose debris or pet hair from the bed by shaking it out or using a vacuum cleaner.
- Mix 1 cup of white vinegar with 1 cup of water in a spray bottle. Spray the mixture over the entire surface of the bed, making sure to saturate it well.
- Sprinkle baking soda over the bed, focusing on any areas with visible stains or odours.
- Allow the vinegar and baking soda to sit on the bed for at least 30 minutes or up to an hour to help break down any dirt, stains, and odours.
- After the mixture has had time to sit, use a scrub brush or a clean cloth to work the baking soda into the bed, focusing on any stains or soiled areas.
- Once the bed has been thoroughly scrubbed, rinse it well with water to remove any remaining vinegar and baking soda.
- Finally, let the bed air dry completely before allowing your dog to use it again.
It’s important to note that while vinegar and baking soda are generally safe for use on dog beds, it’s always a good idea to test any cleaning method on a small, inconspicuous area of the bed first to make sure it doesn’t cause any damage or discoloration.
Additionally, some materials may not be suitable for this cleaning method, so be sure to check the care instructions that came with the bed before using vinegar and baking soda.