We are an affiliate
BestPetsBeds.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.“As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Should You Sleep with Your Anxious Dog? Here’s What Experts Say
Sleeping with your anxious dog can be a personal decision, but it can also have benefits and drawbacks.
Pros of sleeping with my anxious dog,
Here are some of the benefits of sleeping with your anxious dog:
- Increased feelings of security and comfort for both you and your pet.
- Strengthened bond between you and your dog.
- Easy monitoring of your dog’s anxiety levels.
- Convenience and ease of keeping your dog close by.
- Reduced separation anxiety in some dogs.
It’s important to keep in mind that while sleeping with an anxious dog can provide comfort and security, it may not be the best solution for every dog or household. It is always recommended to consult with a veterinarian or a professional animal behaviorist to determine the best approach for addressing your dog’s anxiety.
Here are some of the drawbacks of sleeping with an anxious dog:
- Disturbed sleep for both you and your dog.
- Reinforcement of the dog’s anxiety by perpetuating the belief that they need you to feel safe.
- Difficulty setting and maintaining boundaries for appropriate behavior in the bed.
- Increased anxiety for both you and your dog if one of you needs to leave the bed during the night.
- Possible physical safety concerns if your dog is prone to acting out in their anxiety.
It’s important to keep in mind that every dog is different, and what works for one may not work for another. If you’re considering sleeping with your anxious dog, it is recommended to consult with a veterinarian or a professional animal behaviorist to determine the best approach for addressing your dog’s anxiety and ensuring a safe and healthy sleep environment for both you and your pet.