Discover the Ultimate Comfort for Large Anxious Dogs!
What causes dogs to be anxious?
Dogs can experience anxiety due to a variety of factors, including:
- Separation anxiety: Dogs may become anxious when they are separated from their owners or family members.
- Loud noises: Dogs may become anxious when they hear loud noises such as thunder, fireworks, or construction.
- Social anxiety: Dogs may become anxious around other dogs or people, especially if they were not properly socialized when they were young.
- Medical conditions: Dogs may experience anxiety due to medical conditions such as thyroid problems, brain tumors, or hormonal imbalances.
- Trauma: Dogs that have experienced trauma such as abuse, neglect, or a natural disaster may develop anxiety.
- Change in routine: Dogs are creatures of habit and may become anxious if their routine is disrupted, such as moving to a new home or having a new family member.
- Lack of exercise: Dogs that do not receive enough exercise may become anxious or restless.
It’s important to identify the underlying cause of a dog’s anxiety and work with a veterinarian or a professional dog trainer to develop a plan to address the issue.
For large dogs with anxiety, the following types of beds are recommended:
- Calming beds: these beds are designed to promote relaxation and calmness, often with a soft, plush material and a raised rim for a sense of security.
- Orthopaedic beds: made of durable, supportive materials such as memory foam or solid foam, which can provide comfort and stability for dogs with anxiety.
- Bolster beds: with elevated edges that provide a place for large dogs to rest their heads and a sense of security.
- Thundershirts: these snug-fitting shirts apply gentle, constant pressure to help dogs feel calm and secure.
When choosing a bed for a large dog with anxiety, it’s important to consider the size of the bed, as well as the material and durability of the bed. A bed with a machine-washable cover is also a good choice, as it makes it easy to clean and maintain the bed in case of accidents.
It’s important to note that the bed itself is not a cure for anxiety, but providing a comfortable and secure environment can help alleviate some of the symptoms of anxiety in dogs. In addition, it’s important to address the underlying cause of the anxiety with the help of a veterinarian or professional dog behaviourist.
Best Anxiety Beds for Large Dogs
|Jaspuriea Large Dog Bed Washable Dog Crate Mattress Calming Fluffy Anti Anxiety Dog Beds Deluxe Plush Dog Mat with Anti-Slip Bottom,90x60x7cm||Prime||Buy now|
|Jaspuriea Washable Dog Crate Mattress, Comfy Large Dog Bed Anti Anxiety Dog Beds Deluxe Plush Dog Mat with Anti-Slip Bottom,90x60x5cm||Prime||Buy now|
|Donut Dog Bed Large Washable - Round Calming Pet Cuddler Relief Anti Anxiety - Plush Fluffy Cat Cushion Anti-Slip Bottom Orthopedic for Kitten - Soft Luxury Puppy Kennel Faux Fur Improved Sleep 80cm||Prime||Buy now|
|JOEJOY Dog Bed Large Washable - Calming Dog Bed Anti-Anxiety Dog Bed Rectangle Dog Bed with Soft Cosy Plush - Pet Bed Size Small | Medium | Large Mattress Mat For Dog, Beige, 35in||Prime||Buy now|
|YOJOGEE Calming Donut Dog Bed for Large Medium Dogs, Fluffy Anti Anxiety Xl Dog Beds Extra Large Washable Puppy Bed Non-Slip Plush Cuddler Warming Round Faux Fur Pet Bed||Prime||Buy now|
|Mirkoo Dog Beds Calming Pet Bed for Large Medium Small Dogs (L/XL/XXL/XXXL) Washable Anti Anxiety Round Fluffy Plush Faux Fur Pet Bed||Prime||Buy now|